Are you a vegan for a long time? Do you enjoy the lip-smacking versions of vegan savories and desserts? Are you looking for some best gluten-free vegan recipes to try next?
Then you must read our recipe picks below. Turning vegan doesn’t mean you have limited options to satiate your hunger. You have options like dairy-free varieties, gluten-free dishes and much more. Now let’s see why gluten-free diets are gaining popularity these days.
- Reasons To Go On Gluten-Free Diet
- Best Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes
Reasons To Go On Gluten-Free Diet
Celiac disease management
Controlling dermatitis herpetiformis
Reduce gastric discomfort from gluten sensitivity
If your body cannot metabolize gluten effectively, you may be likely to diagnose these diseases. A gluten-free diet will go a long way to help you avoid the symptoms of stomach distress.
Here are some delicious best gluten-free vegan recipes for you:
Best Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes
1. Thai Rice Salad With Sesame Peanut Sauce
The salad with delicious sauce is an excellent vegan Thai salad recipe for people on a vegan weight loss diet. Relish your taste buds with amazing Thai flavor with this delicious recipe.
Thai Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large carrot sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 3/4 cup edamame
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1 cup kale massaged
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 3-4 green onions diced
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
Sesame Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- Take a pan, add 1 cup water and uncooked quinoa and bring it to boil. Cover and cook on low flame for 20 minutes or until all liquid has absorbed. Now fluff the cooked quinoa in the pan with the help of a fork and keep aside to cool.
- You can prepare all salad ingredients beforehand or do the chopping while the quinoa is getting cooked.
- Then prepare the sauce. Take all Sesame Peanut Sauce ingredients in the blender and process it until smooth.
- Once quinoa is cooled, toss the salad ingredients in it. Top it with the delicious sesame peanut sauce and stir.
- Garnish with extra onion greens, cashew, and basil.
- Serve immediately.
2. Vegan Lemon Cheesecake
Cheesecakes are pretty easy to make. It is a dairy free, gluten free, raw vegan dessert recipe that you must try. Your family will love this lemony treat.
For the base
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cups blanched almonds
- 3/4 cups soft pitted dates
For the topping
- 2 cups cashew nuts
- 2 ½ tablespoon agave syrup
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Soak the cashews in boiling water and leave to soak for about 1 hour.
- Blend all the ingredients for the base with a pinch of salt in a food processor.
- Grease a round pastry tray with some coconut oil, pour the cake mix into the tray base. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until sets.
- Now drain the soaked cashews and put them in a processor. Reserve a little of lemon zest for garnish and add all the remaining topping ingredients to the cashews.
- Process into a smooth paste. Spoon out this topping onto the cake base and refrigerate again for about 2 hrs or until set.
- Scatter the lemon zest before serving the cheesecake.
3. Vegan Pumpkin Chili with Smoky Tempeh
The pumpkin chili is a classic American dish prepared with smokey flavored tempeh and veggies. This hearty chili dish will make you drool positively.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 cups tempeh, crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Salt to taste
- jalapeno, sliced
- avocado, cubed
- green onion, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- Take a large saucepan or wok and melt the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic cloves and onion and let cook until the onions turn translucent.
- In a large pot melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, occasionally stirring, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Then add jalapeno, red and yellow bell peppers, and tempeh. Cook tempeh until it is browned. It may take around 8-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on low flame. Cover and cook chili for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Transfer the contents in a serving bowl and top with jalapeno, and avocado, green onions, and cilantro if you like.
- Serve and enjoy the smoky tempeh.
4. Gluten-Free Vegan Taco Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
These chickpea wraps make a healthy meal or lunch box option for vegans. It is a protein packed meal that will delight your taste buds.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lettuce wraps
- Toppings (optional) – jalapeno, tomato, avocado, cilantro, hot sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium flame. Add olive oil and the chopped onions. Cook until the onions turn translucent and soft (it would require approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Add the drained chickpeas to the skillet and mash them coarsely with a potato masher. Stir in all walnuts and seasonings. Combine all ingredients well and cook until everything is heated well (about 5 minutes on the medium-low flame).
- Lay some lettuce wraps on the working space and spoon out the chickpea mixture over them. Garnish with your choice of toppings and enjoy the delectable healthy dish.
How did you like our flavorsome gluten-free vegan recipes?
Going gluten-free may not always be a healthier option so consider the benefit-risk ratio before you decide to go gluten-free. We recommend a balanced diet with all macro and micronutrients unless you suffer from gluten sensitivity or other related diseases.
Do you have more recipes to share with us? Kindly post them in the comment box below.
Thai Rice Salad With Sesame Peanut Sauce, Vegan Lemon Cheesecake, Vegan Pumpkin Chili with Smoky Tempeh & Gluten-Free Vegan Taco Chickpea Lettuce Wraps are considered to be some of the best top gluten-free vegan recipes.
Thai Rice Salad With Sesame Peanut Sauce, Vegan Lemon Cheesecake, Vegan Pumpkin Chili with Smoky Tempeh, Gluten-Free Vegan Taco Chickpea Lettuce Wraps, Vegan Tofu Banh Mi, Vegan Hot Dogs, Jackfruit Tacos
Legumes. Nuts, Nut Butters and Seeds. Hemp, Flax and Chia Seeds. Tofu and Other Minimally Processed Meat Substitutes. Calcium-Fortified Plant Milk and Yogurts. Seaweed. Nutritional Yeast. Sprouted and Fermented Plant Foods.
Yes, as Hummus is usually made by blending chickpeas with oil, tahini and seasonings. Hence it tends to be vegan-friendly. But, if you’re buying hummus from a store, it’s always best to check for non-vegan ingredients like milk powder or honey.
Yes, vegans eat lots of whole grains and pasta because these foods are high energy foods and also contain high levels of protein in certain cases. It is recommended to check while buying pasta from the market.