Vegan Chocolate cookies are something delighting to eat and get indulged in. So, here we present you to some of the best vegan chocolate cookies recipes that you must definitely try.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Coconut Oil
- 1 cup white, oat, or spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar, unrefined if desired (For a version with no sugar, try these breakfast cookies)
- And 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp milk of choice, plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, then stir in wet to form a dough – it will be dry at first, so keep stirring until a cookie-dough texture is achieved. If needed, add 1-2 tbsp extra milk of choice. Form into one big ball, then either refrigerate at least 2 hours or freeze until the dough is cold. Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 325 F. Form dough balls, and place on a greased baking tray, leaving enough room between cookies for them to spread. Bake 11 minutes on the center rack. They’ll look underdone when you take them out. Let them cool on the baking tray 10 minutes before touching, during which time they will firm up. If for whatever reason the cookies don’t spread enough (climate can play a huge role), just press down with a spoon after baking. You can also choose to make extra cookie dough balls and freeze them to bake at a later date.
Vegan Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Chocolate Chips or Chunks + more to press into the tops when they come out of the oven)
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Then add the soy milk and vanilla and mix in.
- Add your flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, and salt to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix in by hand until properly mixed into a thick cookie dough.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips or chunks and mix in to distribute as evenly as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll into balls and place evenly on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the edges are set and they are very slightly browned on top.
- When they come out of the oven, press a few more chocolate chips or chunks into the tops of the cookies (optional)
- Allow to cool and firm up before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Once properly cooled store in an airtight container.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Minimalist Baker
- US Customary – Metric
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal (ground from raw almonds / I used half almond flour!)
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate (bar or chips // loosely chopped)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded (desiccated) unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar (or muscovado sugar)
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (the brine/liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat aquafaba (using a handheld mixer or whisking vigorously) until light and fluffy and loose peaks have formed. (Add a little cream of tartar to help them along if not whipping.)
- To the aquafaba, add the melted coconut oil and vanilla and beat or whisk to combine. Then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. You should have a firm, semi-tacky dough (see photo).
- Loosely cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Scoop out 1 /1/2-Tablespoon amounts of dough (I like this scoop) and form into small discs (see photo). Place on a bare or parchment-lined baking sheet with about a 1-inch gap in between each cookie to allow for spreading. There should be about 12 cookies (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Be careful not to burn (especially on the bottoms).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then carefully loosen with a spatula – they can stick a little to the bare pan.
- Enjoy immediately or let cool. Store leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature up to 4 days or 1 month in the freezer. These are insanely delicious when warm and dipped in almond milk or hot cocoa!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Applesauce
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 10 0z dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until combined. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, vegan butter, and coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and beat to combine
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 14 minutes, until browned
Do try these yummy vegan chocolate chip cookies tasty recipes and do let us know how you liked them.