Mmmmm… Yummy, aren’t they?
How often do you crave for a delightful and chocolaty cookie? Getting your hands on vegan options for cookies can be a task. However, we can simplify this for you. If you are good at baking and fond of vegan chocolate chip cookies, then do read all the below recipes.
Vegan chocolate chip cookies are something delighting to eat and get indulged in. You love it vegan and we are here to guide you bake the most yummylicious vegan chocolate chip cookies. Swap out some of the dairy products and make a few adjustments in your recipe to go on a vegan feast.
Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s look at super easy recipes of circles of pure joy – Cookies!
1. Mouth-Watering Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These vegan cookies are everything your taste buds crave for – delicious, soft, and melt-in-mouth. This easy to make the recipe with basic ingredients is a perfect treat for parties and lunchboxes.
- 1 cup white oat or spelled flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup raw unrefined sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon almond milk or other non-dairy options
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients slowing with thorough stirring. Keep mixing until you achieve a cookie dough-like soft consistency.
- You may add 1-2 teaspoons of milk if required.
- Refrigerate the dough for around 2 hours.
- Form dough balls and place on greased baking trays. Leave them at room temperature till the spread into a cookie shape.
- Bake them for about 11 minutes in a preheated oven at 325o F or till the crust turn slightly golden brown.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes and remove off the tray.
- Store in air-tight containers.
- You can make extra cookie dough and freeze up to 3 months for later use.
2. Soft And Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Want just the perfect crunch when you bite into your cookies? Try baking some with this recipe below. You may use vegan chocolate chips or chunks to prepare these cookies. Serve them warm and feel the chocolate melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Use an electric mixer to blend sugar and butter. Now add soy milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all dry ingredients and mix together. Add this mix to the wet batter and mix it in soft and thick cookie dough.
- Add choco chips or chocolate chunks and mix properly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scoop out the dough into evenly sized balls on the greased baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven or until they are slightly browned at the top.
- Allow cooling before you take them off the tray.
- Store in cool air-tight containers.
- Measure the flour most accurately to bake the perfect cookies.
3. Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Guys ready your aprons for this small batch vegan chocolate chip cookies. They are just so chewy, crunchy, soft and lip-smacking. Studded with choco chips these healthy bites are perfectly sweet and veganized version. You heard it right they are gluten-free too. Isn’t it a win-win situation?
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate, loosely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded (desiccated)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (the liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond meal, shredded coconut, dark chocolate chips, salt, sugar, and baking powder and stir well.
- Take another bowl and beat in some aquafaba (using a handheld mixer) until light and fluffy. Test the consistency with the formation of loose peaks. You may opt to add a little cream of tartar to help whisking the batter.
- To the aquafaba, add the melted coconut oil and pure vanilla extract. Whisk nicely to combine these ingredients. Then add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until everything is well combined.
- You should be looking at semi-firm and tacky cookie dough.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375o F. Scoop out the cookie dough into small discs. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray with about an inch gap between each cookie. This gives enough space for spreading.
- Now bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes till the cookie edges are golden brown. Be careful not to burn any of them.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- The soft cookies will turn firm and crispy. Use a spatula to remove the cookies from the pan and store in air-tight containers.
- Enjoy warm or eat later with non-dairy milk.
- Store the leftovers in a sealed container for up to 4 days. They may last as long as a month is kept in the freezer.
- Serve them with vegan hot chocolate to make a mouth-watering vegan gluten-free snack for your guests.
4. Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
These healthy vegan chocolate chip cookies do not disappoint you. One bite and you’ll never consider going back to other desserts or calorie-rich snacks. This vegan version replaces the traditional binding agent – eggs – and swaps to a combination of baking powder and unsweetened applesauce. It turned out to be just perfect!
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dairy-free vegan dark chocolate chips
- Take a bowl and whisk together all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl stir applesauce, cane sugar, brown sugar, coconut oil, and vegan butter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix and beat continuously to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips in this cookie batter.
- Use a scooper or spoon to drop out rounded balls of dough on the parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 350o F for 10 – 15 minutes or until browned.
Do try these yummy vegan chocolate chip cookies tasty recipes and do let us know how you liked them.
Yes, originally they are vegan. Do check for some brands as they add whole milk powder to the chips.
white oat or spelled flour
baking soda raw
brown sugar or coconut sugar
almond milk or other non-dairy options
almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
pure vanilla extract
Swap out some of the dairy products and make a few adjustments in your recipe to go on a vegan cookie.
Purdys Chocolatier Vegan Dark Chocolate Bar.
Divine Treasures Chocolate Bar (a PETA Business Friend)
Green & Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate.
Enjoy Life Boom CHOCO Boom Dark Chocolate, and
Boom CHOCO Boom Ricemilk Chocolate Bar.