Going vegan is in real trend these days. We admit it’s one of the healthiest options to opt for. Many people who have just gone vegan or are planning to eat plant-based meals are looking for various ideas and recipes to start with. So if you happen to be a beginner cook or beginner vegan you may think that it is so difficult to choose and make vegan meals. However, the reality isn’t so. Vegan recipes can be very easy and quite filling to try out. We will lend you a helping hand here by providing recipes for some amazing, easy vegan meals for beginners.
- Easy Vegan Meals For Beginners 2020
- Smoothies And Shakes
- Sandwiches And Sides
- Frequently Asked Questions
Easy Vegan Meals For Beginners 2020
1. Lentil And Turnip Soup With Lemon
This is a super easy and filling soup with a tangy twist of lemon. Try out this delicious delicacy right away!
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cups turnip
- 1 cup red lentils (dried, uncooked)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 heap tbsp finely chopped lemon zest
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- Fry the onions in oil for a couple of minutes till the onions are golden brown.
- Add peeled and diced turnip, bay leaves, red lentils and boiling water to it. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, salt and lemon juice to the soup and serve hot with fresh parsley.
2. Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
Here’s a call out for all soup lovers. This refreshing soup can be served at any time of the day (yes, even breakfast!)
- 1 cantaloupe (peeled, seeded and cubed)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Place the cubed cantaloupe and little orange juice in the blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix the remaining orange juice, lime juice and cinnamon.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving. Garnish with mint.
The black bean soup is a healthy, protein-packed vegan recipe that can be thrown together rather quickly.
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 diced tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from stove and cool it a bit. Blend this into a lip-smacking soup.
- You may garnish with green onions, chives, mint, or jalapenos.
4. The Potato Galette
This is a classic French side dish or salad that looks fancy and is very simple to make. It is a vegan, gluten-free, and paleo recipe and thus has made up in our list of easy vegan recipes for beginners.
- 2 kg russet potatoes, sliced in rounds
- 1-2 tbsps of chopped herbs like rosemary, chives, parsley, and thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400o.
- Sprinkle the sliced potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a nonstick skillet with olive oil and place the potato slices in spiral layers. Sprinkle all herbs, salt and pepper as you do each layer. Also, brush olive oil in between layers.
- Bake uncovered for about 55-60 minutes or until crisp and brown. The insides should be soft and creamy.
- Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and serve hot.
5. Tomato Chickpeas Oregano Salad
This wholesome vegan chickpeas salad can be eaten as a post-workout meal. The goodness of chickpeas with the delicious taste of tomatoes and oregano just make it yum!
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Toss the cherry tomatoes and chickpeas with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Finally, finish the salad with a healthy dash of oregano. Serve chilled!
6. Greens and Black Eyed Peas Salad
This is a power-packed meal that every beginner should try out. It needs minimal cooking expertise and can give you a healthy heart meal option almost instantly.
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 2-3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 5 cups chopped collard greens or mustard greens or kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 shallot chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- In a pan add 1 tbsp oil and fry the shallot, garlic, and cabbage in it. Saute for around 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add all the greens you have plus 1 more tbsp olive oil and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Add carrots, cooked black-eyed peas, cooked quinoa and a dash of lemon juice.
- Season with salth, pepper and oregano are required.
- Toss everything together and serve with vinegar/oil.
Smoothies And Shakes
7. Mocha milkshake
Are you in for a delighted coconut mocha chocolate shake? It’s a vegan-friendly milkshake with a creamy, chocolaty, coconutty, coffee-infused flavor. Let’s find out the recipe below.
- 2cupsVanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream
- 2tbspunsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cupbrewed coffee(chilled)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk (optional)
- Add the ice-cream, cocoa powder and coffee (lesser quantity initially) to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more coffee or coconut milk if it has trouble blending.
- Adjust the flavors according to your taste if required.
- Top with choco chips, whipped coconut cream, or vegan magic shells (optional) and serve chilled.
8. Pink Dragon Fruit Smoothie
This smoothie is a perfect treat (easy vegan recipes for beginners) you can give yourself in the summers. Cool and refreshing is what we call it!
- 4 bananas
- 1/3 cup dragon fruit
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup water to blend
- Blend all the ingredients together until creamy.
- Pour into a mason jar, chill and relish!
9. Lip-Smacking Vegan Pineapple Shake
Give yourself a summer treat with this lip-smacking, easy to make a vegan drink. Pineapple has the goodness of bromelain that good for digestive health.
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2-1 banana (optional)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (vanilla flavor)
- Blend all the above ingredients until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
10. Mixed Berry Smoothie
Fruits make a hearty meal or snack. This mixed berry smoothie is one of the quick and easy vegan recipes for beginners. It will serve you with a punch or flavors packed with loads of vitamins and minerals.
- 2 handfuls mixed frozen fruit
- 1 handful leafy greens (kale, spinach, etc)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and serve with mint.
Sandwiches And Sides
11. The ALT – Avocado, Lettuce And Tomato
This is a simple yet delicious sandwich. It is a 3-ingredient sandwich that’s easy to prepare. If you fancy you may add some basil leaves to the recipe for a delectable taste.
- Toasted bread slices
- Spicy mustard sauce
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Few lettuce leaves
- 4-6 tomato slices
- Thinly sliced onion (optional)
- Spread the mustard sauce onto the bread, pile the lettuce, tomato, avocado and onion on, and close the two sandwiches. Yummm, isn’t it?
12. Mini Zucchini Pizzas Bites
Do you crave for pizzas? Looking for a healthy vegan option for them? It’s easy-peasy! Replace the dough with zucchini and follow the recipe below. Indulge in healthy vegan eating with this yummy appetizer.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Diced vegetables, vegan meats or spices for topping (optional)
- Top the zucchini slices with pizza sauce and some shredded vegan cheese. Add toppings if you like.
- Bake the zucchini slices in the preheated the oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve crisp and hot immediately.
13. Avocado Hummus
Avocado adds an eggy and fresh taste to the classic hummus recipe. It’s a nice buttery spread for all your sandwiches.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 400 g chickpeas or white beans
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Blend everything together until smooth. Simple!
14. Banana Breakfast Sandwich
If you are in a rush early morning and need a quick fix for a filling breakfast here’s what you should make. Banana gives the required amount of energy for a kick start while almond/peanut butter gives you that nutty and creamy feel.
- Raisin bread
- 1-2 tbps almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- Spread the nut butter generously on the toast or bread slices and top them up with a sliced banana.
- You can have an open-faced sandwich or regular two slice sandwich.
15. Vegan Blueberry Coconut Popsicles
Let’s take you through another simple 3-ingredient vegan recipe. You all love desserts, isn’t it? What can be better than a creamy flavorsome blueberry popsicle? Here’s how you can make a vegan alternative.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend coconut milk, maple syrup and blueberries in a blender until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into popsicle molds leaving about 1/4″ of space at the top. Insert popsicle sticks in the center and freeze for around 6-8 hours.
- Remove from freezer and run the molds under tap water for a minute or two. This loosens the popsicles.
- Wiggle the popsicles out and enjoy the yummy treat.
16. Yummy Vegan Pancakes
It isn’t hard to substitute eggs from pancakes. Look at the vegan pancake recipe below and make some fluffy pancakes for breakfast.
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt or sparkling water
- 1 cup almond milk
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Whisk all the above ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Heat a pancake pan and grease it with coconut oil before starting to cook.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Flip and cook again.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings (bananas, berries, or maple syrup).
Hope our recipes for easy vegan meals for beginners help you in your cooking and vegan journey!
Do share your comments and tips if any.
Frequently Asked Questions
A beginner should eat simple vegan soups, salads and sandwiches along with vegan curries.
TOMATO CHICKPEAS OREGANO SALAD, GREENS AND BLACK EYED PEAS SALAD, THE ALT – AVOCADO, LETTUCE AND TOMATO, LENTIL AND TURNIP SOUP WITH LEMON and BLACK BEAN SOUP are some recipes you can eat for dinner
POTATO GALETTE, CHILLED CANTALOUPE SOUP, MOCHA MILKSHAKE, PINK DRAGON FRUIT SMOOTHIE, MINI ZUCCHINI PIZZAS BITES, VEGAN BLUEBERRY COCONUT POPSICLES are some delightful vegan recipes you can try
You can feed food which are not animal parts, products or byproducts.
Vegan food such as BLACK BEAN SOUP, TOMATO CHICKPEAS OREGANO SALAD, MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE, LIP-SMACKING VEGAN PINEAPPLE SHAKE are some filling vegan food.