Vegan Drink Recipes!
Drinking lots of water in summers is very essential to keep you hydrated. There are many refreshing and healthy vegan drinks that you’ll enjoy this summer. Nothing can be better than a plant-based refreshing drink on a hot sunny day. While speaking of vegan summer drinks, we bring you some of the most refreshing vegan beverages list and recipe for you to relish.
Delectable vegan drink recipes – Enjoy making them!
1. Chai Chaga Mushroom Tea
Chaga mushrooms have miraculous healing properties. Including it in your diet will help you recover from injuries and diseases soon. Besides this spiced version of iced tea is a refreshing drink you must definitely sip this summer. If you don’t like it cold, alter it into a vegan hot drinks recipe!
- 4 Chaga mushroom chunks
- 1 quart filtered water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1-star anise
- 1/2 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 1-inch ginger
- 1/8 tsp stevia
- Splash of nut milk
- Take a large pot and place water, Chaga mushrooms, and whole spices into it.
- Simmer at least for 30 minutes on low flame (don’t boil as too much heat damages the Chaga mushrooms).
- Now remove and chaga mushrooms and store it in the fridge. You can reuse them to brew up to 5 times until the brew is dark coffee in color.
- Strain the whole spices and discard them.
- Now add the stevia to the tea.
- Enjoy hot or chilled with a splash of nut milk. You can store in the fridge for up to 14 days.
- You may replace the whole spices with powdered version and add them ones the Chaga’s are brewed.
2. Raw Vegan Protein Black Cherry Chocolate Smoothie
Cherry chocolate smoothie packed with the super nutritious vegan protein is a surprising summer drink for those fitness freaks! Its little creamy, little chocolaty and little power-packed!
- 5 cups of dark cherries
- 2 small bananas
- 4-5 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoon maca root powder
- 2 teaspoon of raw cacao powder (or 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs for extra crunch)
- 2-3 cups of water or as needed to achieve milkshake consistency
- Cacao nibs and coconut flakes for topping
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender till you get a smooth and creamy shake.
- Top with cacao nibs and coconut flakes.
- Serve chilled!
3. Refreshing Watermelon Cherry Limeade
Watermelons have been refreshing summer treats for everyone. Enjoying the delicious, juicy watermelon with a dash of lime and sparkling cherry juice is a perfect vegan drink for summer. The watermelon cherry limeade is perfect welcome vegan drink recipes for afternoon sipping and great party drinks too.
- 4 cups deseeded cubed watermelon
- 1 cup sparkling cherry juice (or cherry juice drink)
- 2 cups lemon-lime carbonated soda (if you don’t want the fizz, use homemade lemonade)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Grind the watermelon cubes and extract as much juice as possible. Strain it into a large pitcher.
- Mix remaining ingredients in it.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Viola! Refreshing watermelon cherry limeade is ready.
4. Minty Coconut And Lime Kombucha Elixer
When you are tired and want a refreshing glass of something more than water this is exactly what you should make. Mixing these kitchen ingredients will result in nothing short of marvellous! Kombucha is a fermented, sweetened green tea used in beverages for its many health benefits. This elixir is very hydrating, nourishing and full of probiotics! Try to impress your friends with this amazing mocktail recipe. It’s healthier than the other processed vegan soft drinks available in the market.
- 3/4 cup of coconut water (preferably fresh)
- 3/4 cup of kombucha (preferably homemade or organic variety)
- 1/2 a lime
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Lots of ice
- In a pitcher mix coconut water and kombucha.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into it.
- Add mint leaves as needed and top the drink with ice.
- Enjoy the delicious and refreshing drink immediately.
5. Homemade Ginger Ale
Ginger is known to have amazing health benefits like stress-busting effects, increased appetite, morning sickness, immune system booster and much more. Avoid the disgusting taste of the processed ones available in the market and make some delectable ginger ale in your kitchen! You can also try substituting beer for club soda and make swooning vegan alcoholic drink recipes too.
- 1 whole ginger root
- 1 lime
- Medium orange
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener (Agave)
- Club soda
- Sprigs of mint and lime slices for garnish
- Peel off the ginger root and blend it with a cup of water into a smooth pulp. Strain all the liquid in a bowl, leaving behind the dry ginger pulp.
- Take this dry residue and blend it in the mixer ones again with half cup of citrus juices (orange and lime). You’ll get a ginger concentrate here.
- Add liquid sweetener to this mixture and pour it in a air-tight mason jar. Refrigerate until ready to use (5-6 days).
- When you want to serve, mix ginger concentrate and club soda in the ratio 1:3. Serve with a dash of mint leaves, lime wedges and ice.
6. Vegan Chaas Recipe
Chaas is an irresistible Indian spiced buttermilk drink perfect for summers. Commonly called as masala chaas this savoury drink is a natural cooler. We have tried something different here. Exactly! It’s the gluten-free vegan version recipe made from non-dairy yogurt. Its one of the delicious vegan drink recipes for this summer.
- 1 cup non-dairy plain yogurt
- 1 cup cold water
- Ice as needed
- 2 mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black rock salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- A dash of lemon juice
- Mint leaves and cumin powder for garnish
- Blend all the ingredients (except mint and cumin powder for garnish) in a blender till it froths.
- Adjust the salt and sweetness to your taste.
- Pour into your favorite pair of glasses and garnish with pressed mint leaves and cumin powder.
So what are you waiting for? Start mixing it up and start sipping some healthy vegan drinks now!!
Let us know about your favorite vegan drink recipes this season!