Aioli is usually made with olive oil, garlic, and egg yolks. Since this is a vegan aioli we’ve omitted the egg yolks but we’ve gone ahead and used the garlic and the olive oil though, so it’s close enough. This article is made to introduce you to some vegan garlic aioli whole foods.
Making this aioli is too easy as it’s just a case of putting all the ingredients into a measuring jug and then blending it up with an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, a regular blender works too, but the immersion blender is the easiest for this recipe.
Don’t try and use something like a stand mixer though, that does not work. It’s a blender or nothing with this recipe.
It’s going to be pretty amazing no matter where you use it though, as a spread, as a dip, as a dressing or as a topping for your vegan burgers or vegan steaks or wherever you might want to spread a bit of delicious vegan aioli.
Vegan Aioli Nutrition:
Vegan aioli is a healthier and safer choice due to its lack of raw eggs. While there have been recent studies trying to prove that eggs actually benefit health rather than hinder it, many of these studies are funded by the egg industry.
Even if cholesterol warnings are being dropped, there’s no denying the health risks associated with consuming raw eggs. Approximately 2.3 million eggs are infected with salmonella per year. Salmonella is a bacteria that causes mild to severe gastrointestinal distress. So by skipping the eggs, you’re eliminating the salmonella risk and cholesterol that comes along with raw egg consumption.
For this aioli recipe, you’ll need to have a blender or food processor handy. If you’re making homemade vegan mayonnaise to use in the aioli, you’ll need a high-speed blender. You’ll also want to have a rubber spatula and measuring spoons and cups nearby.
Creamy and garlicky vegan aioli made with simple ingredients and ready in a few minutes. Delicious as a dip, dressing, spread or topping! Vegan Aioli veganaise may be available instantly in the market, but your very own handmade home taste will never be equal to anything.
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Chickpea Water (Aquafaba)*
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 cup (240ml) Avocado Oil*
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Add all the ingredients to a measuring jug or mixing bowl and then use an immersion blender (handheld blender) to blend it up into aioli.
- Alternatively, place all ingredients into a blender jug and blend into aioli.
Vegan Aioli Recipe Cashew
Creamy Raw Cashew Aioli – a vegan alternative to the classic and a great staple recipe to keep on hand for everything from roast potatoes, tacos, and homemade burgers.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 2-5 hours
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, smooth
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 big pinches fine sea salt or more – taste first
- ½ teaspoon organic soy lecithin (Optional)
- Drain and rinse the cashews then add all ingredients to the blender, whiz till smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Vegan Garlic Aioli ( 5 Minutes Recipe)
- 2 Tbs Mayo
- Juice from ¼ of a Lemon
- 1 clove of Garlic minced
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Chives to top with *optional
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Top your favorite burger or seafood with this sauce.
Vegan Aioli Oil Free
You only need 5 ingredients to make this vegan aioli. It’s delicious, creamy, oil-free and ready in less than 5 minutes.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water (95 ml)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsalted raw cashews (100 g)
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Drain and rinse them, then blend them with the rest of the ingredients in a regular blender until smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Lemon-Herb Aioli Recipe
- ⅔ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, chives, or dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 tablespoons water to thin (Optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides as needed and add water to thin, if desired.
Roasted Garlic Aioli Recipe
- ⅔ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 head of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 tablespoons water to thin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut off the top ¼ inch off of the garlic and brush with oil. Wrap garlic in tin foil and place in the oven once it’s heated. Bake for 30 minutes or until soft. Unwrap and let cool for ten minutes.
- Add vegan mayonnaise and sea salt to a blender or food processor. Squeeze in roasted garlic cloves. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed and adding water to thin, if desired.
Chipotle Vegan Aioli
Spicy, delicious, 5-ingredient Chipotle Aioli that’s entirely vegan and gluten-free. Perfect for slathering on veggie burgers, fries, onion rings and more.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water (or unsweetened plain almond milk for creamier sauce)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar (or sub organic cane sugar or stevia to taste)
- 2-3 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (plus 1 tsp adobo sauce as original recipe is written // more or less to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado, grape seed, canola or other neutral oil (optional // for creaminess)
- 1 pinch smoked paprika (optional)
- Add raw cashews to a mixing bowl (or a high-speed blender) and cover with boiling hot water. Let rest for 1 hour (uncovered). Then drain thoroughly.
- Add soaked, drained cashews to a high-speed blender with the water (or almond milk), lemon juice, sea salt, maple syrup, pepper + adobo sauce.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth, adding more water or almond milk as needed to encourage blending. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt to taste, lemon for acidity, maple syrup for sweetness, or adobo sauce for heat. Add more salt and another 2 chipotle peppers (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size). Adding a little oil is optional and adds extra creaminess. Smoked paprika is also optional and adds a sweet smokiness to the sauce.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days. This sauce is perfect for veggie burgers, sweet potatoes fries, french fries, onion rings, and more!