Aioli is a tasty condiment that you can pair with almost any dish or side dish – roasted vegetables, BBQ fruits, finger chips, garlic bread, or a crunchy salad. You see many fancy restaurants featuring this dip or sauce in their menu as ‘garlic aioli,’ but how many of you know what this spread is made up of? Have you tried vegan garlic aioli recipes yet?
Aioli is a garlicky mayonnaise with a gourmet name. It is made up of simple ingredients from your spice cabinet like raw egg yolk, fresh garlic, salt, and olive oil. In the vegan version, you can omit raw eggs. The rich flavor and creamy texture of aioli give you a gourmet experience. Eat it with a crispy bruschetta, and it’s pure bliss!
Making aioli at home is very easy (it requires a bit of muscle power to whisk the ingredients though). Aioli can also be blended in an immersion blender but the hand-whisked one taste more delicious. Vegan garlic aioli whole foods is a good store brought option for this spread.
Is Vegan Aioli Healthier?
Vegan aioli contains healthier and safer options compared to raw eggs (which are vital ingredients in non-vegan counterpart). Eggs are considered as a boon for your health for ages. However, there are safety issues that hinder the benefits of eggs. Consuming raw eggs may boost your cholesterol levels.
Every year approximately 2.3 million eggs are found infected with salmonella (bacteria that causes gastric distress). Thus, skipping on eggs (in vegan preparations like aioli) means eliminating the health risk that comes along with raw egg consumption.
Delicious Vegan Garlic Aioli Recipes
1. Oil-Free Vegan Garlic Aioli
Aioli means adding lots of olive oil. Here we have an oil-free vegan aioli recipe for you to try. It is a simple 5-ingredient recipe that yields tasty, creamy and oil-free aioli. 5 minutes and voila!
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsalted raw cashews
- Soak the cashews in water overnight.
- Next morning drain and rinse them. Now blend the cashews with the rest of the ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- It can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Enjoy with vegan sandwiches and burgers.
- You can use garlic powder instead of garlic cloves.
- The lemon juice can be substituted with apple cider vinegar.
- Omit garlic from the recipe to make a delicious oil-free mayo.
2. Lemony Vegan Garlic Aioli
It’s just like garlic vegan mayo recipe with a lemony twist. The perfect flavor will satiate your taste buds. Slather it generously on every meal and enjoy this gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan aioli recipe.
- 3/4 cup Vegenaise (vegan mayonnaise)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients and combine to a smooth paste.
- Store in air-tight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Use fresh garlic cloves and lemon juice to enhance the flavor of aioli.
- You can store the leftover aioli in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
3. Creamy Vegan Cashew Aioli
Vegan cashew aioli is a perfect vegan alternative and a delectable spread for everything from tacos to burgers and vegan steaks.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, smooth
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- fine sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon soy lecithin (optional)
- Soak the cashews in water for about 2-5 hours.
- Drain and rinse them and add all above ingredients to the blender, whiz till smooth.
- Store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Soy lecithin is an emulsifier (that brings fat and water together and prevents them from separating). It also helps to make a thicker aioli.
4. Lemon Herb Aioli Recipe
Substitute your ketchup with this zingy lemon herb vegan aioli dip. Dip your fries or onion rings in this creamy, garlicky sauce; believe us your taste buds will thank you.
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, leaves only
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- In a high-speed blender combine garlic and mayonnaise. Whiz it until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Add dill, parsley, chives, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the creamy mixture and pulse it until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Serve chilled with your favorite food and enjoy!
5. 5-Ingredient Vegan Chipotle Aioli
The chipotle aioli is a delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe that soothes your taste buds. It is a simple 5-ingredient based dip for roasted potatoes or bell peppers.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water or almond milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2-3 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce + plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon avocado, grapeseed, canola or other neutral oil
- 1 pinch smoked paprika (optional)
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for an hour. Dain and rinse thoroughly.
- Add these cashews in a blender with almond milk or water, pepper + adobo sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup, and sea salt. Pulse on high until smooth and creamy. You can add more water or milk as required for proper blending.
- Taste the seasoning and adjust according to your taste.
- Add paprika if you like a sweet smokey taste to the sauce.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Using unsweetened plain almond milk instead of water gives you a creamier sauce.
Treat your taste buds with these fantastic vegan garlic aioli recipes.
Do let us know which your favorite dish in comments below is.
Enjoy Being Vegan!