Snickerdoodles are a type of yummylicious cookies with a burst of cinnamon sugar topping. It is made with some basic cookie ingredients like flour, butter (oil), sugar and cinnamon. It contains a key ingredient – cream of tartar – along with baking soda to leaven the dough. These are simple baking recipes that can be veganized according to your needs. The vegan snickerdoodle recipes can be made vegan, gluten-free, or oil-free with just a few simple substitutes. It requires no special equipment to bake. Besides they are super delicious, soft, chewy, buttery, cinnamon-y, and utterly irresistible!
Let’s look as some easy and quick vegan snickerdoodle recipes that you can make at home.
Delicious Vegan Snickerdoodle Recipes To Try
1. Vegan Banana Snickerdoodle Cookies
The vegan snickerdoodle recipes contain ripe bananas to replace eggs. The natural sweetness of bananas is a plus point in making this recipe. You’ll require lesser amounts of added sugar here. You should definitely bake these cookies and save them for a healthy snack or lunch box option.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick Vegan Buttery Sticks
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 bananas, large and overripe
- Mix together cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a shallow dish and keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and whisk together flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat vegan butter, vegetable shortening and remaining sugar until light and fluffy (3-6 minutes). Beat in the bananas as well.
- Blend the dry mix into wet batter until just incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours or until chilled.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375o F.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll it into round balls. Coat them in sugar cinnamon mixture and keep on parchment-lined baking tray about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edge of cookies are set and beginning to turn brown. Don’t over bake.
- Cool the cookies on the baking tray for 10 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in air-tight containers.
- Don’t miss on the chilling the dough step. Chilling helps to improve the texture and shape of the cookies. It also makes it easier to form.
- Depending upon the sweetness of your bananas you can adjust the quantity of sugar accordingly.
- Use palm oil shortening instead of vegetable oil shortening if you prefer.
2. Vegan Snickerdoodles Mug Cake
Snickerdoodle mug cake can be baked in a microwave and take about just a minute. It is a perfect dessert recipe when you don’t have enough time for baking. Plus its healthy and its vegan! The mug cake becomes an all time favorite, individual-sized sugary delight. It comes with a mouth-watering cinnamon flavor too. Try them.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Take a small pot and melt the vegan margarine on the stove top.
- Mix together all the ingredients (excluding brown sugar and cinnamon for toppings). Pour this batter into a mug and sprinkle some cinnamon powder and sugar on the top.
- Microwave the mug cake for around 1-1 1/2 minutes in the microwave.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy your dessert right out of the mug.
- This recipe works only for microwave. Baking in an oven might take long.
- Remember to fill the mug only half full to avoid overflowing of the cake and reduce the mess.
- Microwave it for 1 minute first and watch carefully. Cook in 15 seconds increments to avoid the cake exploding in the microwave.
Hope you have liked our super easy picks of vegan snickerdoodle recipes. They are very soft and chewy snack options for all vegans.
Do try making them and send in your comments below. We would like to hear from our readers.